When we arrived at around 8 pm, it was much more crowded than we expected, but before long we were welcomed to the special occasion. After a bit of a line we got our pin and schedule.
The park was moderately crowded especially along Main Street as the Magic, Memories and You! show had just finished and the parade was getting ready to start. To ease the traffic flow, the back stage areas were opened up and we got to cut through them and came out right after the Plaza Restaurant. There were some crazy waits in Tommorrowland even the TTA has a long line.
Wandering up to Fantasyland the crowds lightened up a bit and we were able to ride Snow White's Scary Adventure without a problem. I still remember this ride from my first trip to Disney at 6, but don't always take the time to ride it. It is closing in May and I wanted to make sure I relived it one more time. It was as creepy as ever and did not disappoint.
We decided to settle down and relax for a bit and found a great area next to Big Thunder Mountain that overlooked Tom Sawyer's Island and gave us a new perspective on the parade. I also got this cool creepy shot of the Haunted Mansion.
Some other highlights were meeting Mickey and Minnie in Pajamas after a long, long wait, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Phineas and Ferb and seeing the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game played. It had huge lines most of the night so we didn't play ourselves but it is one my list for my next trip.
|Phineas and Ferb in Tomorrowland|
|Inside the Fairy Meet and Greet|
I tried to catch as many shots of Cinderella's Castle in different colors as I could. My favorite was the plain cream light but I never managed to catch. Somehow whenever the shutter closed, I got purple! I ended up with about 10 extra purple shots! I think the blue is gorgeous. Which is your favorite?
- Overnight crowds were cool. Everyone we meet was polite and in good spirits. Even when the parks were crowded it was one of the better experiences I have had in the Magic Kingdom.
- If you are hungry enough, you will eat a loaded Chicago style dog or chili dog from Casey's at 1:30 am. I'll leave it to you to guess which was mine and which was my friends.
- Wait for Minnie an Mickey in pajamas was long but worth it. I think WDW did not anticipate how popular they would be.
- Magic, Memories and You! is always worth seeing.
- Disney buddies are the best.
And now time to catch up on my sleep.
Post a Comment